Church of the Abiding Savior, Lutheran
Church of the Abiding Savior is a vibrant community with a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. It is a place where you can discover and develop a relationship with the risen Lord Jesus Christ, a place where you can participate in the life of the congregation, and share your God-given gifts. We also work hard to put our faith into action in today’s complex world to make a difference in practical, realistic ways.
About the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
The ELCA is one of the largest Christian denominations in the United States, with nearly 3.5 million members in more than 9,100 worshiping communities across the 50 states and in the Caribbean region. Known as the church of “God’s work. Our hands.,” the ELCA emphasizes the saving grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, unity among God’s faithful people, and service in the world. The ELCA’s roots are in the writings of the German church reformer Martin Luther.
What We Believe
- In the Triune God: God the Parent, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are part of God’s unfolding plan.
- That Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and the Gospel is the power of God for the salvation of all who believe. The Gospel is the good news that God raised Jesus from the dead, and because of that we all will rise to be with God for eternity.
- That in gathering for worship, we connect with believers everywhere and of every time.
- That the historic creeds (Apostles’, Nicene, Athanasian) are true declarations of the faith.
- That in Holy Communion, the body and blood of Jesus Christ are truly and essentially present and are truly distributed and received with the bread and wine.
- That in studying the Bible and praying, all are drawn more deeply into God’s own saving story.
- That worship flows into witness and service that proclaims God’s love to this broken world.
- That all people are children of God, loved by God, and all are one in Jesus Christ.
- That serving others and addressing social issues that affect the common good is living out the Christian faith.